PAHrtners Deaf Services, a division of RHA Health Services, is seeking a Behavioral Health Specialist at our Glenside location near Philadelphia.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Behavioral Health Services where we put people first!
As a Behavioral Health Specialist you will be responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and revision to the Person Centered Plan in conjunction with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
Additional responsibilities of the Behavioral Health Specialist include:
- Facilitating relationships and serving as a link between the company, parents, guardians, local agencies and the community
- Minimizing the negative effects of psychiatric symptoms or substance dependence that interfere with the recipient’s daily living and personal development, providing supportive counseling
- Supporting the client in the development of various skill building activities, including: daily and community living skills, socialization skills, adaptation skills, and behavior and anger management
- Participating in a first responder on-call system available to consumers and/or his/her natural support network on a 24/7/365 basis; coordinates “first response” resources according to consumer need and the PCP
- Performing Case Management functions of linking and arranging for services and referrals
- Working closely with other clinical/professional staff to maintain communication and providing feedback, standardizing procedures and expediting PCP implementation
- Ensuring that all initial and reauthorizations for services occur in a timely fashion
- Monitoring utilization of service to ensure that it is effective, appropriate, and within the limits set forth in both rule, PCP, and the service authorization
Candidates for the Behavioral Health Specialist role are considered “Paraprofessional” based on the following criteria:
- The Behavioral Health Specialist I is defined as an individual who has a GED or high school diploma.
- All staff in this position shall have a minimum of one year documented experience with the population to be served or with the type of service being provided. In addition, all staff providing services shall complete a minimum of twenty (20) hours of training specific to the required components of the specific service definition including crisis response within the first 90 days of employment.
- Human Service Degrees Include: Social Service, Sociology, Psychology, or other Human Service Degrees.
- Populations Served Include: Mentally Ill-Child, Mentally Ill- Adult, Substance Abuse-Adult, Substance Abuse-Child
Additional requirements of the Behavioral Health Specialist include:
- Must meet the education, experience, licensure/certification requirements specified by the service definition of the service being provided
- Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance required
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or relevant certification, a plus
RHA Behavioral Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full time employees includes: • Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
• Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance,
Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
• Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
• 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
• Paid Time Off
• Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
• Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
• Free Annual Health Screening and wellness coaching event.
• Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
• Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
At PAHrtners Deaf Services we are committed to our employees. We provide great benefits, on-going training, opportunities for advancement and an environment of incredible teamwork and mutual support where ASL is the primary language and Deaf-friendly technology is standard.
Have questions? Need help with your application? Contact: PAHinfo@rhanet.org
Glenside: VP: 215-392-2425; V:215-884-9770
Moon: VP: 412-927-4058; V: 724-457-0384