We are now seeking a Resident Care Coordinator for our location in Glenside, PA. This position is on-site and fulltime.
Care Coordinator: Develops and maintains strong positive relationships with key stakeholder groups that are important to company success. These groups include referral sources, managed care organizations, local and state governmental officials, regulatory bodies, etc. Ensures all stakeholder communications are proactive and responsive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work conditions, knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical and sensory requirements needed to perform the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education– High School Diploma or equivalency
- Experience– At least two years of work in the human services field which includes providing one (1) year of direct care to consumers.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Knowledge of Deaf Culture
- Valid driver’s license
Essential Physical and Sensory Requirements-With or without the aid of mechanical devices
- Regularly required to lift 10 lbs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Must be able to pull minimum of 10 lbs.
- Must be able to squat, kneel, crawl, crouch, climb, and stoop.
- Must be able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Required to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in CPR from the floor level requiring to work on hands, knees, bending, standing and lifting.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Required Competencies (Manager/Director)
- Accepting Responsibility (Supported by Be Proactive) -Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes; and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his or her actions and their consequences, both good and bad.
- Setting Objectives and Goals-(Supported by Beginning with the End in Mind) – Sets meaningful, challenging performance objectives with clear measures of success for themselves and team.
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work-(Supported by Put First Things First) Allocates time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives. Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities to keep multiple projects on track.
- Managing Performance (Supported by Think Win Win) – Has an authentic interpersonal style that engages others and encourages high performance. Uses personal influence to encourage and support.
- Communicating Effectively (Supported by Seek First to Understand then to be Understood) -Shares information. Listens and involves others. Clearly Conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Displaying Creativity – (Supported by Synergize) – Uses creativity appropriately to drive progress and encourages others to do the same. Makes innovation a priority among team members; encourages reasonable risk taking.
- Managing Stress-(Supported by Sharpening the Saw) Uses healthy and effective methods to manage stress (e.g., maintaining appropriate diet, exercise, and sleep schedules); reacts effectively when faced with high-pressure situations
- Championing the needs of the People we Support/Customers (Supports Culture of Caring)-Provides timely and professional service to both internal requests and the requests of the people we support and customers; is responsive to the people we support and customers’ needs and requests. Is always courteous to the people we support or customer and considers the needs of the people we support or customer when making decisions
- Following Policies and Procedures- Understands and follows company policies; encourages others to follow work rules; calls attention to actions that may violate policies and procedures.
- Meeting Basic Work Expectations-Complies with basic job requirements and tasks; arrives at work on time as scheduled; proactively informs others when he/she encounters problems that may limit his/her ability to meet expectations.
Essential Job Related Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders. Ensures stakeholder satisfaction with the company by maintaining proactive, responsive communication. Maintains regular, proactive communication with key stakeholder groups, and builds new relationships as needed to further the company’s mission and vision.
- Coordinate/Schedule medical appointment. Schedule appointments for persons served and communicates with physicians, nurses, and other relevant healthcare professionals regarding consumer medical and/or dental needs. Transport persons served to medical appointments and coordinates vehicle usage or assignment of staff to bring to appointments
- Documentation and Communication: Communicate medical concerns, psychiatric concerns, and medication issues to clinical team. Prepares monthly reports as assigned and maintains tracking of all annuals due for license inspection. Attend clinical, staff, and supervisory meetings as directed.
- Financials: Coordinate monthly budget meetings with persons served and the bookkeeper, track all spend-downs with SSI and SSDI. Support persons served with their financial goals related to savings, purchasing essential items, and other related tasks.
- Identifies and executes on growth opportunities. Identifies growth opportunities for the development of supports and services that are in alignment with the company’s service array and mission. Assists in the development and submission of applications and proposals that will facilitate service expansion and growth.
- Conducts investigations that require a certified investigator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
At PAHrtners Deaf Services we are committed to our employees. We provide great benefits, on-going training, opportunities for advancement and an environment of incredible teamwork and mutual support where ASL is the primary language and Deaf-friendly technology is standard.
Have questions? Need help with your application? Contact: PAHinfo@rhanet.org
Glenside: VP: 215-392-2425; V:215-884-9770
Moon: VP: 412-927-4058; V: 724-457-0384