PAHrtners Deaf Services is currently seeking a qualified Blended Case Manager that is skilled in sign language. This position provides resources and support to individuals and their families who reside in the community or in our residential programs.
In this dynamic and rewarding role, there is an emphasis on creating interventions that are strength-based and focused on promoting recovery, symptom reduction, increased coping skills, and achievement of the highest level of functioning for the client in the community.
Bonus: $1,000 Sign On once criteria are met!
- Bonus is for full time employees and paid out according to training schedule.
Quarterly productivity bonus opportunities!!
- Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and revision to the Person Centered Plan in conjunction with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Facilitating relationships and serving as a link between the company, parents, guardians, local agencies and the community
- Minimizing the negative effects of psychiatric symptoms or substance dependence that interfere with the recipient’s daily living and personal development, providing supportive counseling
- Supporting the client in the development of various skill building activities, including: daily and community living skills, socialization skills, adaptation skills, and behavior and anger management
- Participating in a first responder on-call system available to consumers and/or his/her natural support network on a 24/7/365 basis; coordinates “first response” resources according to consumer need and the PCP
- Performing Case Management functions of linking and arranging for services and referrals
- Working closely with other clinical/professional staff to maintain communication and providing feedback, standardizing procedures and expediting PCP implementation
- Ensuring that all initial and reauthorizations for services occur in a timely fashion
- Monitoring utilization of service to ensure that it is effective, appropriate, and within the limits set forth in both rule, PCP, and the service authorization
- Valid drivers’ license
- Mid to fluent level in American Sign Language, ASL, skills
- Knowledge of Deaf Culture
- Bachelor’s degree (in Human Services field)
- Registered nurse;
- A high school diploma and 12 semester credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other social science and two years experience in direct contact with mental health consumers;
- A high school diploma and five years of mental health direct care experience in public or private human services with employment as a case management staff person prior to April 1, 1989.
- Human Service Degrees Include: Social Service, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology, Anthropology, or other related Social Sciences, Criminal Justice, Theology, Nursing, Counseling, Education, Philosophy, Communications, History, Deaf Studies, or other Human Service Degrees.
- Populations Served Include: children and adults with mental health disorders, behavioral health disorders, developmental disorders, or substance abuse.
Physical requirements to perform essential functions of the job included:
- Regularly required to lift 10 lbs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Must be able to pull minimum of 10 lbs.
- Must be able to squat, kneel, crawl, crouch, climb, and stoop.
- Must be able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Required to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in CPR from the floor level requiring to work on hands, knees, bending, standing and lifting.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
At PAHrtners Deaf Services we are committed to our employees. We provide great benefits, on-going training, opportunities for advancement and an environment of incredible teamwork and mutual support where ASL is the primary language and Deaf-friendly technology is standard.
Have questions? Need help with your application? Contact: PAHinfo@rhanet.org
Glenside: VP: 215-392-2425; V:215-884-9770
Moon: VP: 412-927-4058; V: 724-457-0384